I wanted to write about a novelette I just finished, but then a bunch of bombs went to Trump’s political opponents this morning and I felt like I should probably get my thoughts out of my head while it’s still fresh.
I’m going to state a series of facts. It might look at first like I’m playing the “both sides” game, but I’m not. I’m just going to lay out a series of facts, with links when I can find them, and then state my thoughts and conclusions based on those facts at the end. If it looks like I’m cherry-picking the news, it is not my intention. Please let me know what I’ve missed, but only if you can provide a link to a credible source. I’m not interested in spreading or engaging in bullshit.
- Trump encouraged violence at a rally in 2015 and said later on Fox and Friends that he should have been roughed up
- Trump incited violence at a rally in 2016.
- February of 2016, Trump said as a protester is escorted out of a rally, “Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees.” (Not posting more videos… there are plenty of these Trump quotes and they are easily verifiable)
- March of 2016, Trump said “Part of the problem is no one wants to hurt each other anymore.”
- March of 2016, Trump said “The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of.”
- March of 2016, another rally, Trump said as a protester is escorted out, “If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it.”
- June of 2017, Sara Huckabee-Sanders says that Trump has never encouraged violence.
- A couple of weeks ago, Fox News and other right-wing leaning bloggers and journalists play half of Eric Holder’s speech, making it look like Eric Holder was inciting violence. Here’s an example:
- But here’s the rest of what he said that say. He said “Don’t do anything inappropriate. Don’t do anything illegal.”
- In June of 2018, Sara Huckabee-Sanders was asked to leave the Red Hen restaurant.
- In October of 2018, Mitch McConnell was confronted in a restaurant, too.
- August of 2017, neo-nazis and white nationalists converge on Charlottesville, VA with confederate flags, flags with swastikas, and Tiki torches. They had a lot of vile things to say.
- Opponents of these individuals showed up and there were violent confrontations.
- A 20 year Nazi sympathizer from Ohio drove his car into a crowed of anti-fascist protesters. Several were injured, but Heather Heyer was killed.
- Trump said there were “fine people on both sides” in defense of White Nationalists.
- A white guy dishonorably discharged from the Air Force, a guy that served at the same base I was stationed for 5 years, committed the 5th largest domestic act of terrorism when he shot up a church in Texas. Right-wing media tried to spin it, labeling him a Democrat, a radical Muslim terrorist, and anti-fa. He was none of these things.
- Five days ago, Trump promoted the lie about Eric Holder, the one I’ve already mentioned.
- Earlier this year, Trump attacked Maxine Waters because Representative Waters was canceling appearances over death threats.
- Earlier this month, Trump promoted conspiracy theories about George Soros, saying that the philanthropist is paying protesters.
- Trump attacks CNN regularly
- Trump attacks John Brennan
- Trump attacks The Clintons (too many sources to link)
- Trump attacks Wasserman Shultz
- George Soros received a pipe bomb Monday afternoon
- Hillary Clinton received a pipe bomb Tuesday evening
- CNN’s facility was evacuated because of a bomb Wednesday morning
- The bomb sent to CNN was intended for John Brennan
- Maxine Waters was also sent a pipe bomb
- And the Obama’s
- And Wasserman Shultz
- The bomb went to Wasserman Shultz because it had the wrong address. It had been intended for Eric Holder. The bomber put Wasserman Shultz’s address as the return on all the bombs.
Those are facts. In summary:
- Trump has a long history of encouraging violence at his rallies
- His staff lie for him
- Right-wing supporters lie for him
- Right-wing activists have acted out violently, killing people
- Left-wing activists have upset people’s dinners
- Every person that received a bomb today was someone that Trump has targeted with his rhetoric
Even tonight… TONIGHT… people at Trump’s rally were shouting “Lock her up.”
There is no “both sides” to this. The fish rots from the head, and Trump has lead his party and his supporters to this violent end.
If you consider yourself a Christian, you should not be a Trump supporter.
If you consider yourself a decent human being, you should not be a Trump supporter.
Trump has built his entire campaign on hatred and fear. Fear of Muslims and immigrants and Democrats and Obama’s legacy. And the Republican party is supporting him.
We obviously have to vote the Republican party out. We need to peacefully reject all of the people that continue to prop up an incompetent, lying, ignorant, egotistical, violence-inducing proto-fascist so that he can be removed from power and tried in court.
We also need a new conservative party to replace the Republicans.